I can’t believe it has been over a year since I wrote my post about Easter Eggs(EEs). A lot has happened. Most of it good, though I have found a few EEs. Here is the good:
- I took a job with FNF. I think it is a great opportunity.
- I have met some really great folks at FNF.
- We have trained about 150 teammates at FNF in Scrum.
- I finally got to live near the beach in Fenandina Beach, FL.
- I walked/ran the Gate River Run without collapsing from a heart attack. I am still paying for this though.
- I got to go some Jaguars games. (I am a football fan, so seeing a game was positive. The Jags just happened to be playing.)
Here are some of the Easter Eggs I have found:
- Finding out that your team has DEC COBOL and Clipper applications you support.
- 120 MPH windows are required if you want to upgrade that house near the beach.
- Some of my teammates have been rebadged four times in the last six years or so.
- Technology is moving forward at a faster pace than I thought.
- I have Bugs Bunny Syndrome (BBS).
- The Indianapolis Colts run as a premier NFL team is over.
- Payton Manning is a Denver Bronco. Seeing all the #18 Bronco Jerseys in the Denver airport was a killer.
- Turning 51 has been tougher than turning 50.
Three out of eight Easter Eggs are work related, and can be overcome. Nice balance. Overall, more positive than negative. I say it was a pretty good year. What do you think?
Thanks for coming in today.