As I was cruising through the internet, I stumbled across the quote above. What is excellence? Don’t you have to know what excellence is before you can quit doing work that isn’t excellent? How often do we knowingly do less-than-excellent work? Seems premature to try to quit something when you may not be sure what it is!
Now at this point, if I were an author, I would create a 250 page book full of gobbledy gook that Amazon would sell for $24.99. Somebody might even right a book about searching for excellence. Let me save you $12.50. Do the following:
- Get out your check book.
- Make out a check payable to Christopher Daily.
- Put it in an envelope with the following address: Christopher Daily 385 St. Andrews Drive Franklin, IN 46131
- Seal the envelope
- Put a stamp on the envelope.
- Put the envelope in a Post-Office box.
- Read the following: Excellence is defined by each individual based on their individual dreams, goals, situation, and environment. Let me say it again: You define excellence as it relates to your job, your family, and your self.
- Once you define excellence, then you can quit doing less-than-excellent work.
BTW, Thomas J Watson Sr. is the founder of IBM.
Thanks for coming in today.