Over the last few weeks, I have talked a number of times about success and failure in Agile projects. On second thought, most of the time failure is the topic. As a member of the human race (no comment from those of you who know me), I have had to bite my tongue when my coaching advice is not followed. The rationale for not following the advice always sounds reasonable at that time. The rationale usually includes statements like:
- I have always done it this way.
- I have been a product owner long before this Scrum stuff came along.
- We’re different.
- You don’t understand our business.
- That’s not my job. That’s QA’s job.
- No, I don’t need any help.